As of 20 July 2021, the South Australian Government placed a ‘Stay at Home’ order that sees non-essential businesses closed as part of a 7 day lockdown and there have been immediate impacts on Jetty Road Glenelg’s retail, hospitality and services sectors as well as the Alpine Winter Festival.
There will be a variety of Jetty Road traders open and needing your support and we encourage you to check the individual stores for their hours, services and menus.
State Government Level 5 restrictions allow retailers providing goods and services deemed essential are permitted to continue trading with some restrictions in place. Essential retail services permitted to remain open are:
- Supermarkets, with one person per household to shop per day
- Medical supplies and medical services (pharmacies and health food stores)
- Take-away food and beverage by a restaurant, café, bar, hotel or club
- Bottle shops
- Post offices
- Banks and banking institutions
- Retail workers supporting the operation of online or phone ordering and collection or delivery of retail orders
Cafes and restaurants are still able to open for takeaway and delivery and many are offering special deals and menus to cater.
Many wellness businesses like Pilates and yoga establishments are offering online sessions to you can stay active at home, plus many Jetty Road retail stores have their online shops still trading for some retail therapy.
Please help us to support local traders, stay safe and be responsible.
Jetty Road, Glenelg