Getting dressed up for a special occasion has never been easier at Peter Shearer.
Peter Shearer is the style leader in suits and suit hire and has been proudly SA-owned for more than 40 years. The Jetty Road store stocks casual wear downstairs and has an extensive range of suiting options upstairs. You can purchase a new suit and have it tailored to your shape, or hire a suit for a wedding or special occasion.
The team in-store can expertly fit and recommend some options for you, we chatted with Tony for the low down on all things menswear.
Dry cleaning is included in all suit hires. Did you know you can also hire shoes?[/caption]
Hire Your Suit
To hire a look for your next event there are a few steps to take to get yourself suited...
- Pre-book your event date with the team
- Make an appointment for a fitting day to try on styles & sizes
- Book your favourite look for the event
- Pick-ups for a suit hire are generally on a Thursday and returns are on Monday
Suit Trends & Tips
So what is trending in menswear? Tony gives us the lowdown.
- Try a quirky sports coat and chinos for a daytime event like the races. This is a great time to use colour, and pattern and make the look your own.
- A two-button, single-breasted suit in the best-selling and most flattering jacket style.
- Use the ALWAYS or NEVER principle with jacket buttons. Always button the top button when standing, never button up two buttons on your jacket. Unbutton all when sitting.
- Suits are slim. Try a slimmer fit tailored jacket and an extreme slim or stovepipe pant for a modern look.
- Quirky ties, bow ties, and pocket squares are perfect for the races.
Dress Him up
The boys in-store dressed up to show us what's hot.
What to Wear // The Races
- Try a sports coat, pocket square, quirky socks, and chinos.
- Wolf Kanat jacket and chinos. Brooksfield shirt & Gibson pocket square[/caption]
- Massa shoes, Wolf Kanat socks
What to wear // Winter Work Accessories
- Warm up with a wool overcoat and scarf.
- Boston wool overcoat, Masa leather briefcase. Toorallie scarf