Celebrate New Year's Eve down at The Bay!
NYE celebrations bring in the New Year with a family-friendly, alcohol-free night of entertainment and fireworks.
- Sunday 31 December at 6:00pm - Midnight
- Fireworks at 9.30pm at Glenelg and Brighton
- Fireworks at midnight at Glenelg only
Will the jetties be closed?
Yes. Glenelg Jetty will be closed from noon on 30 December to 12pm on New Year’s Day
Brighton jetty will be closed from midday on the 31st of December to 1am on New Year's Day
Can I bring my boat next to the jetty?
No. Due to the launching of pyrotechnics, there will be a 200m exclusion zone around the jetties
Is the event licensed or BYO?
No. There is to be NO ALCOHOL. These are declared dry areas.
Are businesses open for food and beverages?
Many local businesses are expected to be open. Check with individual establishments for details.
Jetty Road, Glenelg will be a hive of activity with dine-in and takeaway options for dinner. With plenty of ice cream and dessert options, it is the perfect place to spend NYE with family and friends.
People are encouraged to book early for dinner and NYE packages to avoid disappointment.
Can I bring my own food and drinks?
Yes, but please remember that the events are declared dry zones. No alcohol is allowed.
What toilets are available?
Public toilets are available at the Glenelg Town Hall, Brian Nadilo, and Jimmy Melrose Reserves in Glenelg.
In Brighton, there are public toilets in Bindarra Reserve.
Is there first aid?
Yes. There will be a hub located in the Glenelg Community Centre, Colley Tce.
What if I lose my child or property?
The Sussex St Police Station at Glenelg will be operating extended hours on New Year’s Eve and is the best place to report any incidents including lost property or lost children.
What public transport is available?
Public transport is free all night.
The Glenelg Tram terminates at Brighton Road at 6pm as Jetty Road is closed to traffic.
Special purpose bus zones will be created on High Street for passengers travelling south, and Anzac Highway (Wigley Reserve) for passengers travelling north, to enable public access to and from the event.
In Glenelg, from 6pm 31 December 2023 until 4am 1 January 2024:
- Augusta Street, Glenelg, between Colley Tce and Torrens Square
- Colley Terrace. Glenelg, between Anzac Highwaywy and Jetty Road, Glenelg.
- Durham Street, Glenelg, between Dutton Lane and Jetty Road, Glenelg.
- High St. Glenelg, between Moseley Street and Partridge Street.
- Jetty Road. Glenelg, between Colley Terrace and Brighton Road
- Maxwell Terrace. Glenelg, between Brighton Road and Malcolm Street
- Moseley Street, Glenelg, between Jetty Road, Glenelg and Elizabeth Street
- Sussex Street, Glenelg between Anzac Highway and Jetty Road, Glenelg
In Brighton, from 7.30pm until 10.30pm on 31 December 2023:
- Beach Road Brighton, between the Esplanade and Elm Street
- Bindarra Road Brighton, between the Esplanade and Twining Lane
- Esplanade Brighton, between Dunluce Avenue and Cambridge Terrace
- Jetty Road, Brighton, between the Esplanade and Gurrs Road